Yellow Capsicum and Basil Cold Soup
Recently I entertained a group of friends at my place for dinner. Given Singapore's warm climate, I thought it would be nice to cook something both healthy and refreshing. I found a great recipe of a Yellow Capsicum & Basil Cold Soup which I would like to share with you today. It’s quick and easy, and affordable too! This recipe is perfect for summer.
4 yellow capsicums
4 sprigs of basil
2 yogurts (greek natural)
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp sherry vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
Kampot black pepper
- Grill the capsicums in the oven (200-220 degrees) for 15 minutes. Turn off the oven, and keep the capsicums inside for 15 more minutes. Then take them out of the oven, and remove the skin and seeds.
- Peel the garlic cloves and boil them in salted water for 5 minutes.
- In a blender, put capsicums (cut into pieces), garlic, basil (leaves and stem), yogurts, vinegar, oil, salt and ground pepper.
- Blend at high speed to get a smooth and voluptuous soup.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Check seasoning before serving.
When serving, pour the cold soup into small bowls or mugs and decorate each one with a leaf of basil.
Notes: Recipe from volume 4 of “French Delicacies”, a series of recipe books edited by ‘Enfants du Mekong’ foundation. More info at www.enfantsdumekong.com