Bright Family Home with Tropical Accents in Sydney
I recently discovered stylist Romi Weinberg’s beautiful house and immediately loved everything about it - especially the luxurious tropical garden. I was also very pleased to read that Romi likes “things that are imperfect”.
Well, this is a good thing, you and me too!! Romi Weinberg lives with her husband and two kids in a quiet neighbourhood of Sydney. Her house is surrounded by a lush garden of cacti and palms reminding me of Singapore’s luxurious nature and tropical climate.
The garden plays a great part in giving the house a holiday look and feel. The white walls (finished with a glossy Moroccan top coat called ‘tadelakt’) and white wooden floors inside the house contribute to this look and feel too. They also capture the day light and make the interiors bright and spacious.
When looking at the pictures of the house, everything looks so perfectly styled, every object seems at the exact right place. Yet, Romi says she likes things that are imperfect. The use of raw, unfinished materials around the house contributes greatly to get this perfect imperfect look and feel:
- stonewashed linen sofa, recycled wooden coffee table and giant macrame wall hanging in the living room;
- bamboo armchairs and wooden table in the dining room
- chair, side table, hanging lamp and hats in the bedroom
- terracotta old tiles and marble basin in the bathroom
- the various decorative objects and baskets sourced from around the globe that look simply rustic yet so stylish
Enjoy the tour!