10 Ideas to Help Spark Your Christmas Spirit
It’s the most wonderful time of the year -- and also the busiest! During the holiday season we tend to rush around (more than usual) in order to meet all the demands that come with the Christmas season. With shopping, parties and family activities maxing out our calendars, it can sometimes be very overwhelming.
The secret to making this time of year truly special rests in the art of keeping things simple, despite the business. With that in mind, here are 10 easy ideas to help get you into the holiday spirit.
1. Design a Winter Wreath Create your own holiday wreath this season to greet family and friends at your front door. It is a wonderful way to express your creativity and will add extra meaning to this treasured holiday decoration. If you need inspiration to create an effortlessly elegant wreath, be sure to check out Perfect Imperfect’s Christmas wreath tutorials (Wow your guests by making your own stylish Christmas wreath with Baby’s breath and Tutorial: step-by-step guide to make your own minimalist Christmas wreath).
2. Trim the Tree Nothing says Christmas like a real Christmas tree. It becomes a focal point of our homes, and sets the tone for the holiday season. Don’t just put up a tree; make the decorating experience memorable by playing your favourite holiday tunes in the background as you share stories with your family about the meaning behind each of your treasured decorations. Don’t forget to check out Stylodeco’s selection of Festive Decorations for elegant ornaments to add to your Christmas tree.
3. Make Spirits Bright Think beyond the tree when adding lights to your interior for some Christmas cheer. House Doctor’s EGO Light Chain is perfect for helping to create a warm and distinctly stylish holiday atmosphere. String these lights above your dining room table or place them in a large glass vase to add enchantment and elegance to your home.
4. Ornament-Making Party Gather your friends and family together for a unique, fun and festive ornament-making party. This is a great way to gather your loved ones in a casual and creative atmosphere. Ornaments can be made from nearly everything, so gather all the art and craft supplies you’ve been collecting all year and prepare yourself for an afternoon of creativity. Not only will everyone leave with a one-of-a-kind gift, but you will also create lasting memories.
5. Create an Advent Calendar Is it Christmas yet? When is Christmas coming? If you are a parent like myself, you will be very familiar with these two questions. To answer your children’s questions (and maintain your sanity), create an advent calendar and count down the days to Christmas. Designing your own advent calendar is also a fantastic way to engage your child’s creative spirit. It helps make that “long” wait for Christmas more joyful and fun too.
6. Smart. Stylish. One-Stop Shopping. Take the stress out of holiday shopping and visit stylodeco.com. It is the place to find stylish, one-of-a-kind gifts for everyone on your Christmas shopping list. Make sure your wish list is set and get ready to enter shopping paradise!
7. Orchard Road Christmas Light Up If you are in Singapore at Christmastime, you must make your way down to Orchard Road. For six magical weeks, starting in mid-November, Orchard Road transforms into a sparkling winter wonderland. This street-length light festival never fails to amaze with its beautiful decorations, musical performances and special events. 8. Magical Movie Night Schedule a night in with family or friends and have a holiday movie marathon. Having a movie night is a fun way to relax and spend time with your loved ones. It’s also a great way to revisit favourite films, introduce your children to beloved classics and explore new stories together. 9. Design Christmas Cards Due to certain circumstances, we might not always be able to spend the holidays with all of our family and friends. Taking the time to sit down, design, and write out personalised Christmas cards to loved ones far away shows how much you really care. 10. Give Back We all know the true spirit of the Christmas season rests in an open and generous heart. There are so many ways to give back and express your gratitude. Whether it’s volunteering your time, donating goods or helping someone in need, showing kindness and generosity is the best way to share the joy of Christmas.