Here is our second tutorial with Kate from Floweret Co. on how to make your own minimalist Christmas wreath. Kate is actually showing us how to create these lovely wreaths that are super simple and will only take you about 10 minutes to make. These two wreaths exemplify elegant, understated Christmas charm… for only around $50!
Follow a few easy steps to make your own minimalist Christmas wreath.
– Round Quilting Hoop from Spotlight – these come in various sizes but I chose the biggest – 450mm diameter – $25
– Copper wire from Daiso – $2
– Leather string from Spotlight – $9
– Eucalyptus Populus with berries from Far East Orchid – $11
– Candle from IKEA (or similar) – $ A couple of bucks per candle!
– Christmas bell from Stylodeco – $6
– The quilting hoop comes with two hoops – an inner plain timber hoop without a vice and an outer hoop with a vice. If you want your wreath to include a candle, choose the hoop with the vice. Insert the lower part of the candle in to the vice and tighten as much as you can so that the candle remains secure.
– Use your copper wire to attach the eucalyptus to the hoop, making sure all of the vice is covered. Create mini ‘bouquets” of eucalyptus and wrap the copper around the stems and the hoop, twisting off the wire at the end to secure it tightly. Use a glue gun for any tricky bits that won’t hang the way you want them to!
– If you want your wreath without a candle, choose the inner hoop without the vice and you can hang a Christmas decoration with fishing wire in the centre – I used a beautiful white Christmas bell from Stylodeco.
– Hang the wreath with some leather as I have done or with a ribbon of your choice.
I am sure you have realised by now that you can make two beautiful wreaths for the price of one! Keep the candle wreath for yourself and make a homemade Christmas gift for a friend with the spare hoop – I’m sure they’ll love it!
=> You can also view Kate’s tutorial on how to wow your guests making your own Christmas wreath with Baby’s breath.
Spotlight: Dhoby Ghaut MRT Level 5,, 68 Orchard Rd, Plaza Singapura, Singapore 238839
Daiso: 68 Orchard Rd, #05-01/02/03 Plaza Singapura, Plaza Singapura, Singapore 238839
Far East Orchid Pte Ltd: 557 Thomson Road Singapore 298181
About Floweret Co
A Singapore based flower company delivering fresh blooms 3 days a week (Tuesday, Thursday, Friday), FLOWERET CO. selects only the freshest blooms from the market each morning and provides one style of bunch per day to ensure that wastage is minimised and customers only receive the ‘market best’.
On market days, FLOWERET CO. will post a picture of “Today’s Bunch” on the website and Instagram (Floweret_co) before 11am so that you can see exactly what you’ll be getting. If you make your order through the website before 2pm, your flowers will be delivered that day, subject to availability. You also have the option of ordering a bunch for another day ahead of time.