Another great recipe for you to try this summer with/for your kids is these Dark Chocolate Muffins.
If you are looking for more cooking inspiration, you can also check out my previous summer recipe, “Yellow Capsicum and Basil Cold Soup” as well as Bloomingville’s tea towels that show 3 different recipes: “Muesli with Nuts & Dried Fruit”, “Smoothie” and “Cookies”.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 17 minutes
Recipe for: 12 pieces
200 g all-purpose flour
150 g brown sugar
4 g baking powder
4 g soda bicarbonate
200 g chocolate chips (optional)
280 g milk
150 g melted butter
100 g whole eggs
200 g dark chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C.
2. Sift the dry ingredients and combine together into a bowl. If you want, add the chocolate chips.
3. Warm the milk and pour over the dark chocolate. Then, fold in the melted butter and the eggs. Stir.
4. Pour mixture over the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
5. Spoon the batter into the muffin cases and leave the tray in the oven for 17 minutes at 170°C. Insert a skewer or the tip of a knife in the centre, it should come out clean. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
My baking tips:
Try to avoid over beating the batter, and remember to choose a quality chocolate to enhance the taste of the recipe.