Looking for that « special place » for V-Day or any other celebration with your +1? Look no further than your own home! Here are 5 tips for a romantic dinner right at home.
- Avoid the “heart-themed” look at all costs!
There are so many compelling and imaginative decorative accents to choose from that it is really unnecessary (and actually outdated) to adopt a total “heart themed” look for Valentine’s Day. For a romantic atmosphere, casual elegance is the way to go.
- Choose a color theme | Pink, Gold, Copper. In terms of colours, Light Pink and Gold are a nice association: Pink is a positive colour, inspiring warmth and comforting feelings. Gold adds richness and warmth to everything with which it is associated. You can check out my selection of pink, gold and copper home décor accessories here.
- Subdued lighting | Candlelights
What would be a romantic head to head without a few candles? For a candlelight dinner, choose beautiful candle and t-light holders. Don’t hesitate to place a few more in the room to provide a warm and subtle lighting that will set the mood for a truly romantic evening.
- Decorative Accents. Arrange a chic decorative table with a few candle holders, and some nice dishes. If you want to go a little off the beaten track, you can add diverse ornaments and decorative accents such as House Doctor’s dust pink paper ornaments.
- Flowers. Last but not least, remember that Valentine’s Day is a day where lovers offer flowers so it would be a shame not to have a vase to welcome them. If you choose to go for a big bouquet, choose a fairly standard model that will be able to fit all of the flowers. White models and transparent glasses are safe bets. You can view my large selection of vases here. And if, like me, you love flowers, you can view my Pinterest board dedicated to flowers, flowers and only flowers.
Once you are done with your table decoration, turn on the music, serve some chilled Rosé Champagne and enjoy a romantic evening!